Thursday 1 April 2010

Safer routes to school


I Joined in yesterday with Heathfield Schools grand walk to school day. This is part of the schools programme in getting children and parents out of the car and walking or cycling to school. It was a great success with most of the children and parents walking to the school. The Broadway outside the school was quite and the road calm.

However not the case at the end of the School day I took my daughter to collect Bradley and the road was chaotic. We parked well away from the school and walked to collect Bradley. Double parked cars, Vehicles on the grass verges and footpaths, Drives bloked or partially bloked, I took several photos of the road and I have had again spoken to the police and officers at the town hall. But what it really need is concideration from the vehicle owners when taking children to school,

No comments:

Post a Comment