Thursday 14 October 2010

work in Teal Road

For your information, I have just received a Water Industry Act notice from NWL informing me that they are to erect a temporary site compound on Lingfield Green from which they will carry out sewer replacement works in Teal Road. I am told that NWL have already informed local residents about this.

The contract is likely to start in the first week of January and will last for approximately 20 weeks.

The Water Industry Act gives NWL great powers and there is little I can do to challenge them, however I will ensure that a schedule of condition of Lingfield Green is taken before entry and that the land is reinstated after the scheme, although it is likely that re-seeding may have to be carried out in the following autumn if the compound isn't removed until the end of May when germination conditions could be unsuitable.

No comments:

Post a Comment